Special guest Gerardo Martinez speaks on Protection Strategies, Waves, and Wine.
Gerardo Martinez attained a Bachelors in Criminal Justice from Loyola University in Chicago and has over 20 years of experience in the Security profession. After completing extensive specialized training in the U.S Marine Corps, he earned a top secret security clearance and was selected to protect human, classified material, and government assets at U.S embassies in various parts of the world.
Gerardo is committee chair for aquariums and zoos within the Cultural Properties Council of ASIS International – the pre-eminent association for security professionals that develops security best practices and standards for all industries.
Gerardo leads the Chicago Cultural Property Security Director Group and is on the Public Private task force for the Chicago Office of Emergency Management and Communications.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Posted in Podcast Tagged with: Chile, Guest Interview, Protection Strategies, Red Wine, Wine Review
Yet another celebrity that makes wine has emerged. Last night at my best friend’s place, I was introduced to a great Chilean wine called Único Luis Miguel, but I never made the connection with the famous Latin Pop singer that has a Grammy under his belt – Luis Miguel. I confess, I’m not a fan of his, but as of last night, I’ve become a fan of his wine. I give him credit for selecting a well-known region in Chile. Maipo Valley produces some outstanding high quality Cabernet Sauvignons and it shows in this particular bottle of Único Gran Reserva. I highly recommend this solid wine for the price.
1. Category: Earthy, Peppery
2. Wine Type: Cabernet Sauvignon
3. Country: Chile – Maipo Valley
4. Price: $13.00
5. Notes: Deep cherry red color with strong notes of black currant, black pepper, and a hint of earthy tobacco. After enjoying the wine for an hour, hints of cocoa appeared.
Posted in < $15, Cabernet Sauvignon, Chile Tagged with: Chile, Earthy, Peppery, Wine
Who says white wine won’t go with Pizza?
1. Category: Citrus, Lime, Herbs
2. Wine Type: Sauvignon Blanc
3. Country: Chile – Valle Central
4. Price: $9.00
5. Notes: This refreshing citrus and light floral wine is sure to go good with a vegetable pizza. Ranalli’s in Andersonville (Chicago) has free wifi. Wine, WiFi, and Pizza…this place rocks for a wine techno geek!
Posted in < $10, Chile, Sauvignon Blanc Tagged with: Chile, Citrus, Sauvignon Blanc