Carlos Enriquez from Doen Zhumir Imports shares his thoughts on classic cars and a Chilean Malbec.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Posted in Chile, Malbec, NYC, Podcast
Yet another celebrity that makes wine has emerged. Last night at my best friend’s place, I was introduced to a great Chilean wine called Único Luis Miguel, but I never made the connection with the famous Latin Pop singer that has a Grammy under his belt – Luis Miguel. I confess, I’m not a fan of his, but as of last night, I’ve become a fan of his wine. I give him credit for selecting a well-known region in Chile. Maipo Valley produces some outstanding high quality Cabernet Sauvignons and it shows in this particular bottle of Único Gran Reserva. I highly recommend this solid wine for the price.
1. Category: Earthy, Peppery
2. Wine Type: Cabernet Sauvignon
3. Country: Chile – Maipo Valley
4. Price: $13.00
5. Notes: Deep cherry red color with strong notes of black currant, black pepper, and a hint of earthy tobacco. After enjoying the wine for an hour, hints of cocoa appeared.
Posted in < $15, Cabernet Sauvignon, Chile Tagged with: Chile, Earthy, Peppery, Wine
Who says white wine won’t go with Pizza?
1. Category: Citrus, Lime, Herbs
2. Wine Type: Sauvignon Blanc
3. Country: Chile – Valle Central
4. Price: $9.00
5. Notes: This refreshing citrus and light floral wine is sure to go good with a vegetable pizza. Ranalli’s in Andersonville (Chicago) has free wifi. Wine, WiFi, and Pizza…this place rocks for a wine techno geek!
Posted in < $10, Chile, Sauvignon Blanc Tagged with: Chile, Citrus, Sauvignon Blanc