I just can’t contain myself when I find great “Every Day” wines for a bargain!
1. Category: Vibrant
2. Wine Type: Blend Tempranillo (80%), Granacha (5%), Mazuelo (5%) and Graciano
3. Country: Rioja, Spain
4. Price: $6.99
5. Notes: Yet another find that has Rioja written all over it. This blend called Antaño has plenty of character without the attitude. You’ll find vibrant rich black cherry flavors finished with vanilla notes with every sip. Can be enjoyed with pasta or chicken dish. At $6.99 a bottle, I’m keeping a few in my stash.
Posted in < $10, Featured, Graciano, Granacha, Mazuelo, Spain, Tempranillo Tagged with: Blend, Spanish
I finally got a date with Chicago’s new wine on the scene, Apothic Red. Vanilla notes with soft cocoa flavors that were complimented by sweet berries. For all those first dates, it’s seriously a great wine selection. It had character with every sip. For the price, I highly recommend it for everyday wine.
Note: I found it $2.00 cheaper at Binny’s compared to the $10.99 at Whole Foods in Chicago.
Posted in < $10, Merlot, Syrah, Zinfandel Tagged with: < $10, Blend, California
Cheers to you Antonio Banderas! Anta a10 is wonderful.
From the moment I could sniff the wine glass, I was impressed and my only thought was, “please don’t disappoint on the delivery”. Oh what a surprise! The wine delivered and had a long French oak finish. Full of character and flavor. I highly recommend the Anta a10 blend! I still need to try the others.
Posted in < $30, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Spain, Tempranillo Tagged with: Blend, Ribera del Duero
November 7, 2009 Weekly Wine Pick – Ménage à Trois Red
1. Category: Lusty
2. Wine Type: Zinfandel, Merlot & Cabernet Sauvignon
3. Country: USA – California
4. Price: $8.99
5. Notes: Three lusty grapes play well together to create a mouthful of juicy flavors. This sassy wine has hints of blackberry, smooth cocoa middle, and a satin finish. This wine will NOT tease, but please you with a happy ending.
Ménage à Trois - Red Blend
Posted in < $10, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Zinfandel Tagged with: Blend, Featured
October 5, 2009 Weekly Wine Pick – Promisqous
1. Category: Promisqous
2. Wine Type: Blend (Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Petite Sirah, and Zinfandel)
3. Country: USA – Cal
4. Price: $10
5. Notes: I’ve recently been seduced by a promiscuous blend of grapes… basking in the playfulness of Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Petite Sirah, and Zinfandel, I’m all in for the tasty ride with a touch of coffee and oak lingering in your mouth. Promiscuity never tasted so good! Enjoy and as the wine maker states on the bottle, “practice safe sipping”.
Posted in < $15, Cabernet Sauvignon, Featured, Merlot, Petite Sirah, Zinfandel Tagged with: Blend, Featured
August 17, 2009 Weekly Wine Pick – Yard Dog
- Category: Juicy
- Wine Type: 55% Petit Verdot, 30% Cabernet Sauvignon and 15% Merlot
- Country: Australian
- Price: $13
- Notes: The Yard dog is out and it’s making noise. This $13 screw cap bottle has an intense bouquet of blackberry and plums. At the first inhale, the berries and spice came through quickly, but this blend of Petit Verdot (55%), Cabernet Sauvignon (30%), and Merlot (15%) had so much more to offer after sitting for about 20 minutes. To the palate it was soft and juicy with absolutely no tannins present and after breathing for a bit, the hearty Merlot flavors and musky plum followed.
Posted in < $15, Featured, Petit Verdot, Wine by Type Tagged with: Blend, Featured, Petit Verdot