I finally got a date with Chicago’s new wine on the scene, Apothic Red. Vanilla notes with soft cocoa flavors that were complimented by sweet berries. For all those first dates, it’s seriously a great wine selection. It had character with every sip. For the price, I highly recommend it for everyday wine.
Note: I found it $2.00 cheaper at Binny’s compared to the $10.99 at Whole Foods in Chicago.
Posted in < $10, Merlot, Syrah, Zinfandel Tagged with: < $10, Blend, California
Getting ready for World Cup 2010? I’m starting off with a unique Zinfandel from California – Paso Robles to watch the game today – U.S.A vs. England. This old vine Zin is bursting with flavor. I recommend this for an everyday wine that is easy on the pocket. I’m going to enjoy the game with this wine…..GO U.S.A!
Posted in < $15, Zinfandel
November 7, 2009 Weekly Wine Pick – Ménage à Trois Red
1. Category: Lusty
2. Wine Type: Zinfandel, Merlot & Cabernet Sauvignon
3. Country: USA – California
4. Price: $8.99
5. Notes: Three lusty grapes play well together to create a mouthful of juicy flavors. This sassy wine has hints of blackberry, smooth cocoa middle, and a satin finish. This wine will NOT tease, but please you with a happy ending.
Ménage à Trois - Red Blend
Posted in < $10, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Zinfandel Tagged with: Blend, Featured
October 5, 2009 Weekly Wine Pick – Promisqous
1. Category: Promisqous
2. Wine Type: Blend (Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Petite Sirah, and Zinfandel)
3. Country: USA – Cal
4. Price: $10
5. Notes: I’ve recently been seduced by a promiscuous blend of grapes… basking in the playfulness of Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Petite Sirah, and Zinfandel, I’m all in for the tasty ride with a touch of coffee and oak lingering in your mouth. Promiscuity never tasted so good! Enjoy and as the wine maker states on the bottle, “practice safe sipping”.
Posted in < $15, Cabernet Sauvignon, Featured, Merlot, Petite Sirah, Zinfandel Tagged with: Blend, Featured