I finally got a date with Chicago’s new wine on the scene, Apothic Red. Vanilla notes with soft cocoa flavors that were complimented by sweet berries. For all those first dates, it’s seriously a great wine selection. It had character with every sip. For the price, I highly recommend it for everyday wine.
Note: I found it $2.00 cheaper at Binny’s compared to the $10.99 at Whole Foods in Chicago.
Posted in < $10, Merlot, Syrah, Zinfandel Tagged with: < $10, Blend, California
Cheers to you Antonio Banderas! Anta a10 is wonderful.
From the moment I could sniff the wine glass, I was impressed and my only thought was, “please don’t disappoint on the delivery”. Oh what a surprise! The wine delivered and had a long French oak finish. Full of character and flavor. I highly recommend the Anta a10 blend! I still need to try the others.
Posted in < $30, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Spain, Tempranillo Tagged with: Blend, Ribera del Duero
November 7, 2009 Weekly Wine Pick – Ménage à Trois Red
1. Category: Lusty
2. Wine Type: Zinfandel, Merlot & Cabernet Sauvignon
3. Country: USA – California
4. Price: $8.99
5. Notes: Three lusty grapes play well together to create a mouthful of juicy flavors. This sassy wine has hints of blackberry, smooth cocoa middle, and a satin finish. This wine will NOT tease, but please you with a happy ending.
Ménage à Trois - Red Blend
Posted in < $10, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Zinfandel Tagged with: Blend, Featured
October 5, 2009 Weekly Wine Pick – Promisqous
1. Category: Promisqous
2. Wine Type: Blend (Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Petite Sirah, and Zinfandel)
3. Country: USA – Cal
4. Price: $10
5. Notes: I’ve recently been seduced by a promiscuous blend of grapes… basking in the playfulness of Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Petite Sirah, and Zinfandel, I’m all in for the tasty ride with a touch of coffee and oak lingering in your mouth. Promiscuity never tasted so good! Enjoy and as the wine maker states on the bottle, “practice safe sipping”.
Posted in < $15, Cabernet Sauvignon, Featured, Merlot, Petite Sirah, Zinfandel Tagged with: Blend, Featured
September 7, 2009 Weekly Wine Pick – Murphy’s Law
- Category: Vibrant
- Wine Type: Merlot, Cabernet Franc, Malbec, and Sangiovese
- Country: USA – Washington State
- Price: $12.99
- Notes: There is beauty in ciaos, and it’s found in this particular blend of grapes that the maker so eloquently put it…”Here’s to making a disaster of a wine.” Somehow they have managed to make a great tasting wine that makes your taste buds crave more. Here’s to great tasting ciaos!
Posted in < $15, Cabernet Franc, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Sangiovese Tagged with: Cabernet Franc, Malbec, Merlot, Sangiovese
July 20, 2009 Weekly Wine Pick – McManis
- Category: Smooth
- Wine Type: Merlot
- Country: USA – California
- Price: $11
- Description: French Oak aging, ripe dark red fruits, loganberry and blackberry. I found a bouquet of toasted oak with hints of chocolate aromas. This wine had a great long finish and went down all to smooth.
Posted in < $15, Featured, Merlot Tagged with: Featured, Merlot